The Airmid app
The Airmid app is your digital gateway to the practice. It allows you to:
- submit medical consultations or admin queries
- view your record and test results
- receive personalised communications from us
- order medication
The Airmid app is the companion app to SystmOne, the Electronic Patient Record system we use. It offers many benefits, such as managing appointments, viewing and exporting your medical record including test results, consultations, vaccinations and documents.
You can learn more about the advantages of using the Airmid app here: https://airmidcares.co.uk/
The app can be downloaded from the iOS app store or Google Play store for any smart phone or tablet. When you install the app, be sure to allow notifications so that you are made aware of any communications from your GP such as a reply to an online consultation or blood test result.
Download the Airmid app for your phone or tablet HERE
Setting up an Airmid account
You can log in to Airmid using your existing NHS login from the NHS app – the same app used for COVID passes. If you don't have an NHS login, creating one within Airmid is easy, secure, and doesn't require visiting the practice to verify your identity.
The NHS login is the best way to access Airmid, but you can also login using your existing SystmOnline details.
Here is a video showing you how to download and login to Airmid:
We've also created a brief video to help show you around the Airmid App. Feel free to skip to the relevant section using the timestamps in the video description. Watch the video in the YouTube app or website to access the time stamps.
Please note that each online consultation is reviewed by a member of our clinical team. As such, we have limited daily capacity. Once this capacity is exhausted, online consultations will be unavailable until the next working day. Similarly, given that our clinical resource is limited, and the online consultation facility is shared across all our patients, anyone abusing the system or sending excessive requests may be restricted from accessing the facility.
Keeping your contact details up to date
It's essential for patients to ensure we have their most up-to-date phone number and email address, as replies will be sent via these channels
Top tips for Online Consultations
- Try and be specific and give enough information to the doctor to help them give you the best advice.
- Always upload images if you think they’d be useful – especially for skin conditions (but not intimate areas). If it’s something you can see, then chances are images will help the doctor give better advice. You’ll also get a response quicker if we don’t have to go back and ask you to send images.
- Don’t use online consultations for emergencies – that’s what the Emergency Department (A&E) or 999 is for
- Avoid using online consultations for urgent problems as you may not get an immediate reply. You can always call us.
- If you’ve already submitted an online consultation, please don’t send another one before you’ve heard back. Each submission takes up doctor time, which is a limited resource.
- Online consultations are especially handy for admin related issues such as Fit Notes and paperwork, general queries etc...
- Following an online consultation, the doctor may send you an electronic reply or call you. They may also arrange any other care you might need such as an in-person appointment, referral or tests.
Wishing you all the best of health
The Leylands Team