You can request your medication in several ways.
- using the Airmid app for iOS or Android available HERE. Airmid is the patient companion app to SystmOne, our clinical software which hosts your entire online health record.
- Using the NHS App available HERE
- Using the SystmOnline website HERE
Alternatively, the right hand section of your prescription, which lists your medication, may be sent by post after ticking the items you need, or it can be handed in at reception.
All presctiptions will be sent electronically to the pharmacy of your choice automatically
Please note, we do not accept requests for repeat prescriptions by telephone.
Please allow 48 hours, excluding weekends and Bank Holidays, for your request to be processed.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip.
Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.35
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £108.10
- 3-month PPC: £30.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.