Practice Responsibilities to Patients
- To be treated with respect by GP’s employees and other providers of Health Services
- Absolute confidentiality maintained at all times and your right to privacy respected.
- To be provided with safe, clean, comfortable premises offering access for the disabled.
- We aim to see patients within 20 minutes of their appointment time. Where there is a delay, patients will be kept informed by the receptionist.
- Urgent cases will be seen on the same day. We aim to see non-urgent cases within 48 hours.
- To be seen by the doctor of your choice whenever possible. There are some pre-bookable appointmentsavailable with all doctors up to four weeks in advance.
- Where an appointment has been made at the practice, the patient is responsible for keeping it or giving adequate notice that they cannot attend, so it may be made available to another patient.
- We have a ‘one patient one appointment ‘policy. If another family member needs to be seen they must make a separate appointment.
- Patients are responsible for their children’s behaviour whilst on the premises, to ensure their safety and the right of a calm atmosphere for other patients.
- Patients are requested to keep home visits for serious illness and infirmity and attend surgery where possible.
- Please treat reception staff with courtesy. It is not their fault if a surgery is delayed.